Pages

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Buthunes Gully, Dunedin New Zealand

Check out my new Mountain Biking film that I shot up Buthunes Gully. This video features my new GoPro head cam, so it puts the viewer in my shoes while descending down a fast track.  Yeahhh - Ha!  Mountain Bike Video



This Track is so cherry that it hosts the New Zealand National Mountain Bike Championship every year!
.
This is a great perk to living the northeast valley of Dunedin! We love our access to sweet Mountain-biking and Hiking tracks right in our neighborhood. These tracks are just up the road and Mount Cargil is above Buthunes Gully. (which is the tallest point around. )
This spot has become my little playgrounds. Everyday I can usually sneak away to Buthunes Gully for some "me-time".  

The Track in Buthunes is classic single track. There are some really technical descents and steep uphills. I love the "flowy" nature of the course and the challenges to rock the ladders and drops. There are loads of wood track over creeks and plenty of chances "eat" tree. 

 This is the bus stop below Buthunes Gully. The mural represents images that define our neighborhood.
Sheep of course and lucky for us - Biking!
A view from the top! We are usually under that cloud cover! Mount Cargil traps the weather from the Ocean and blankets us in the North East valley.

No comments:

Post a Comment