Pages

Thursday, May 16, 2013

Mothers Day Adventure | Going-to-the-Sun-Road | Glacier National Park



Happy Mothers Day to Me!

For Mothers day I did not want flowers, candy or jewelery. However, I do like a heartfelt note or card, but what I really wanted was an adventure with my kids on bikes!
So, I pulled the "mothers day card" - that means everyone has to do what I want.
What did I want?
To ride with my family up the Going-to-the-Sun Road in Glacier National Park!





This year, the earliest access of the Going-to-the-Sun Road in a car for its entire length is June 21, 2013 - it is open to bikers to ride up it until they each the snow removal.
Plowing the Going-to-the-Sun Road is a monumental challenge each year at Glacier National Park. Unpredictable spring snow
storms, avalanches and other weather related madness can stop its progress.

Alex jumping over boulders in road











No comments:

Post a Comment